Rexie and Rexcat

Rexie and Rexcat
Rexie and Rexcat standing in front of the monastery at Montserrat

Monday, September 26, 2011

Our last cruise of our marathon cruise..

This cruise begins in Galveston, TX. However, the Carnival Magic does not leave port until the next day. We were planning on getting a hotel for the evening, but Carnival is allowing us to stay on board for this extra day since we are doing a back-to-back after the Transatlantic cruise. They will be having a party with a ceremony welcoming the Magic to Texas. Obviously, many public officials have been invited aboard for the day while this party and ceremony is going on. Additionally, they will be inviting travel agency personnel to visit the Magic so they can help promote the sailing out of Galveston. It plans to be a big ta-do and we have been told we will be invited to attend the ceremony and party. Who-Hoo!

So after an extra day in Galveston, we begin our last cruise:
  • Day 1 - Depart Galveston, TX
  • Day 2 - Fun Day at Sea
  • Day 3 - Fun Day at Sea
  • Day 4 - Costa Maya, Mexico - We have never been to Costa Maya. I would like to go see some Maya ruins, but Rexie is not really interested. Well, we'll see what else there is to do when we get there.
  • Day 5 - Cozumel, Mexico - We have been to Cozumel many, many times, but have never been downtown. So, that is our plan for this visit. We are going downtown and just visit the shops and see what it is all about. I will not, repeat NOT, be going snorkeling at Chankanaab National Resort. I am sure that the fish that attacked me is waiting for me and still has my name on it. I plan to stay out of the water when we are in Cozumel.
  • Day 6 - Fun Day at Sea 
  • Day 7 - Arrive Galveston, TX  and fly home

I am sure that we will be ready to go home and see our friends and family. Never in my life have I been on an adventure like this. We can hardly wait. One week and counting down.

No comments: